July 24th to August 4th, 2017
Frequently Asked Questions
- I am not PhD student/post doc anymore; may I apply to attend the school?
Yes, you can be exceptionally accepted to participate. However, in this case you will not be eligible to receive any financial support from Fapesp.
- I am a student/post doc; if my application is accepted what should I expect as support?
If you are accepted to participate in the school and you are not from the city of São Paulo, you will have your travel expenses paid (air-ticket or bus ticket) and you receive a daily allowance of 240 BRL for up to 10 days. The school will also pay for health insurance for non brazilians.
- May I participate in just some days of the school?
No, participation during the 10 days is highly recommended.
- Is it difficult to be accepted?
We are taking applications from all around the world and are advertising the school in several different media; at the same time, we will be able to accept a reasonably big number of students. Therefore, there is no clear answer to this question, but please notice that if you do not apply your chances of being accepted are none.
- Will the School pay for Visa expenses?
Unfortunately, no, but we may provide invitation letters for justification.
- Submitted documents have to be written in English?
For Brazilian students, Portuguese is ok.